Attorney Wendy Rivera
Wendy Rivera is a skilled bilingual attorney in Kissimmee, Florida with a strong public-interest track record and solid background in public policy. Wendy is the principal attorney of Rivera Aguilar Law Firm, P.A., where she represents clients over a broad spectrum of legal issues, including helping clients qualify for federal government benefits while protecting their assets. She provides legal counseling and access to information to help clients make better life choices.
Wendy served as Junior Partner for a full-service law firm based in Orlando, Florida where she handled litigation, estate planning, and bankruptcy. Moreover, Wendy launched the Social Security Disability Law department, which increased the department’s client intake by 40 percent.
Previous experience includes serving as Executive Director and Policy Counsel for a national 501c(4) nonprofit and nonpartisan organization focused on policy issues affecting the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population and its implications in communities of color. In this role, Wendy provided strategic advice and designed campaigns to meet clearly defined objectives and representation in front of federal agencies and regulatory bodies.
Previously, Wendy served as Assistant General Counsel for a national regulatory firm where her portfolio included foreign ownership investment reform. She advised clients on regulatory initiatives that spurred foreign investment in television and radio broadcast sectors. Wendy drafted policy resolutions and represented clients in various administrative hearings and regulatory matters, including rulemaking proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission.
Wendy served as Staff Attorney and Director of Hispanic Affairs for Multicultural Media, Telecom, and Internet Council (MMTC), a national organization dedicated to promoting and preserving equal opportunity and civil rights in the mass media, telecommunications, and broadcast industries. Wendy conducted extensive legal research and was lead counsel on several advocacy projects. She participated in the FCC’s regulatory filings, garnered support from national organizations, and proposed policy positions for the executive board.
As an ardent defender of civil rights, Wendy dedicated pro bono hours as a participating attorney for the Florida State Conferences Branch of the NAACP. Wendy is also a Google Next Gen Policy Leader. Google Next Gen Policy Leaders are at the forefront of technology and racial justice and have distinguished themselves in business, public service, and activism.
Wendy has given her time, leadership, and support to benefit many worthy organizations. She has authored many publications and has been a featured speaker at numerous conferences.
Wendy earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Central Florida and her Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law.
Wendy spearheaded an Immigration Reform Initiative where she successfully generated support for immigration reform from the large media, telecom, and broadband companies to expand opportunities for aspiring Hispanic immigrants to enter the media and broadcast industries.
Moreover, Wendy served as Rapporteur for the Diversity and Inclusion Telecom and Internet Policy Task Force. In this role, she helped research, analyze, and report on the state of broadband adoption and use among African Americans, Hispanics, and other historically underserved groups.
Wendy successfully funded and managed a digital education pilot focused on increasing access to broadband and student achievement. Under her leadership, Wendy brought together organizations in a coalition effort in support for public causes affecting marginalized communities.
- A Member of ElderCounsel
- Google Next Generation of Policy Leaders, Inaugural Class of 2017
- Education Policy Advisor to Presidential Candidate Jeb Bush, 2016
- Florida TaxWatch Citizenship Institute, Inaugural Class of 2015
- Association of Latino Professionals For America, Orlando Chapter, Youth Development Committee, 2015 - Present
- Seminole County Public Schools, Hispanic Task-Force Member, 2014 - Present
- Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando, Selection Committee, 2014
- Hispanic Council for Reform in Educational Options (HCREO), Board Member, 2014 - 2016
- Girl Scouts of Citrus Council, Diversity Committee, 2013 - 2014
- United Way, Local College Access Network Committee Member, 2013 - 2015
- Legal Journalist, MMTC’s Broadband & Social Justice Telecommunications, 2012 - 2014
- Politic365, Contributing Writer 2012 - 2014
- Orange County Government Florida, Nuisance Abatement Board Member, 2011-2015
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando, Ambassador, 2010 - 2014
- Guardian Ad Litem, Orange County Bar Association, 2010
- Florida Bar Foundation, Equal Justice Fellow, 2009
- Phi Delta Phi, Honors Legal Fraternity, 2009
- Legal Redress Committee, NAACP Florida State Conference, Participating Attorney, 2009 - 2012
- Hispanic Bar Association, Stetson University College of Law, Treasurer, 2009
- The National Clearinghouse of Science, Technology and the Law, Research Assistant, 2009
Why Choose Attorney Wendy Rivera?